An AWIS membership offers women in STEM a national and local platform to tap into the power of an already established community of women across all disciplines and employment sectors.
The Massachusetts chapter of AWIS (MASS AWIS) strives to provide their members with resources and opportunities aimed at fostering networks, assisting in career pathway choices, building leadership skills and much more.
Here's what we offer:
- Networking opportunities
- Workshops and seminars for career growth (e.g. developing leadership and communication skills)
- Free access to member-only **webinars – "STEMiNARs" and continuing education series
- Seminars on various topics related to STEM
**National AWIS membership only
- Discounts to all MASS AWIS events
- Small group mentoring through the Annual Mentoring Circle Program
- Educational awards to support professional development (e.g. Career Exploration Scholarship)
- Professional advice from members of various career stages and scientific backgrounds
- Discount rate to the Innovation Women Community
- Help organize MASS AWIS events and programs
- Gain valuable experience for personal growth through interaction with other volunteers
- Mentor young professionals
- Give back to the community by supporting a cause and making a positive impact
To learn more about volunteering opportunities at MASS AWIS, please click here.
Fun and Leisure
- Summer socials and annual holiday party
- Opportunities to meet exciting people and make new friends
For National AWIS benefits, please visit here.
"It is very rewarding to be involved in an organization that champions and supports the incoming generation of scientific leaders. The women of MASS AWIS hold great promise for the future and I have enjoyed watching many new careers begin to take shape." -Karen M. Page, Past President of MASS AWIS 2012-2013
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about MASS AWIS membership.